The University of Glamorgan has been developing an app for mobile devices and tablets. The first version can now be found in Apple’s App Store, for iPhones and iPads. An Android edition of the App will follow later this year.
Developed by LCSS together with the Glamlife Team, the “University of Glamorgan – Glamlife” App includes easy access to
- Useful University contacts
- Glamlife News (for students)
- IT Labs information and PC booking
- Links to the most popular library services
- A student jobs feed from the Careers and Employability Service
- Health care information and first aid instructions
- Links to the University’s websites
The app also includes a QR code scanner and a travel planning tool (for public transport around our campuses).
If you do have an iPhone or iPad, give it a try and let us know what you think of this first edition of the app: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments.
Update added (16/01/13) – We’re aware of an issue affecting users of iOS 5, which prevents the app from working. Developers have found the source of the bug and are working on fixing and updating the app shortly.