University of Glamorgan App – now available for Android devices

After launching a mobile app for iPhones and iPads in January, we’re delighted to announce that an edition of the app for Android devices is now available on the Google Play store. It’s called Uni of Glamorgan – Glamlife. It’s a beta version, so some things may need tweaking, but we’d appreciate if you could download it, try it, and let us know what you think!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to University of Glamorgan App – now available for Android devices

1. This app seems pointless to me. It might be useful for people that want to keep up to date with the news and it may cut off a few seconds by taking you directly to the login webpage for glamlife on the internet, but really it isn’t very useful.

I use Glamlife to check my e-mails, which I already have linked up to my gmail app on my phone, and to check blackboard. Without a proper blackboard part of the app I can’t view my grades or powerpoints without having to go onto the internet anyway. I also use Glamlife to check my timetable, so that would probably be THE most useful link to have in there, but it isn’t there.

I know this is a beta version but I don’t see me or any of my course mates finding this app useful. Sorry.

It would be better to have a permanent log in like we have with other apps like gmail, youtube and facebook. That way you might be able to set up a system where it doesn’t keep redirecting us to the login page and the internet to do things. It would be better to just have everything we need in the app and not on the internet app.

2. Ovidiu says:

There’s a Blackboard Mobile Learn app on Google Play that you could link with your account and use if you don’t mind spending 2 dollars on.